Sage-grouse research was the special topic of the Fall 2013 issue of Human-Wildlife Interactions Journal. There are nine research articles.
- Dahlgren, D.K., T.A. Messmer, B.A. Crabb, R.T. Larsen, T.A. Black, S.N. Frey, E.T. Thacker, R.J. Baxter, and J.D. Robinson. 2016. Seasonal Movements of Greater Sage-grouse Populations in Utah: Implications for Species Conservation. Wildlife Society Bulletin DOI: 10.1002/wsb.643 pdf file
- Gruber-Hadden, Natasha W., T.A. Messmer, B.D. Maxfield, D.N. Koons, and M.R. Guttery. 2016. Population Vital Rates of Resident and Translocated Female Greater Sage-Grouse. J. Wildlife Management DOI: 10.1002/jwmg.1062. pdf file
- Caudill, D., T.M. Terhune, B. Bibles, and T.A. Messmer. 2016. Factors affecting seasonal movements of juvenile greater sage-grouse: a reconceptualized next survival model. The Condor 118:139-147. pdf file
- Dahlgren, D.K., M.R. Guttery, T.A. Messmer, D. Caudill, R.D. Elmore, R. Chi, and D.M. Koons. 2016. Evaluating vital rate contributions to greater sage-grouse population dynamics to inform conservation. Ecosphere 7(3):e01249. pdf file
- Caudill, D., M.R. guttery, E. Leone, G. Caudill, and T.A. Messmer. 2016. Age-dependence and individual heterogeneity in reproductive success of greater sage-grouse. Avian Biology doi:[10.111/jav.00903]. pdf file
- Messmer, T. A. 2015. Sage-grouse conservation and Management Through Science. The Utah Experience. pdf file
- Guttery, M.R., T.A. Messmer, M.W. Brunson, J.D. Robinson, and D.K. Dahlgren. 2016. Declining populations of greater sage-grouse: hunter motivations when numbers are low. Animal Conservation 19:26-34. pdf file
- Caudill, D., T.M. Terhune, B. Bibiles, and T.A. Messmer. 2016. Factors affecting seasonal movements of juvenile Greater Sage-grouse: A reconceptualized nest survival model. Condor 118:139-147. pdf file
- Sandford, C., D. Dahlgren, and T. Messmer. 2015. Sage-grouse Nests in an Active Conifer Mastication Site. The Prairie Naturalist 47:115-116. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/David_Dahlgren/publications
- Cardinal, Casey J. 2015. Factors Influencing the Ecology of Greater Sage-grouse Inhabiting the Bear Lake Plateau and Valley, Idaho and Utah. M.S. Thesis, Utah State University, Logan, Utah.
- 2015 Accomplishment Report for Utah's Adaptive Resource Management Greater Sage-grouse Local Working Groups.
- Dahlgren, D.K., R.T. Larsen, R. Danvir, G. Wilson, E.T. Thacker, T.A. Black, D.E. Naugle, J.W. Connelly, and T.A. Messmer. 2015. Greater Sage-grouse and Range Management: Insights from a 25-Year Case Study in Utah and Wyoming. Rangeland Ecology and Management 68:375-382. pdf file
- Dahlgren, D.K., E.T. Thacker, and T.A. Messmer. 2015. What Does a Sage-grouse Eat? USU Extension Fact Sheet, November 2015.
- Guttery, M.R., T.A. Messmer, M.W. Brunson, J.D. Robinson, and D.K. Dahlgren. 2015. Declining populations of greater sage-grouse: hunter motivations when numbers are low. Animal Conservation doi:10.1111/acv12213. pdf file
- Avery Cook, 2015. Greater Sage-grouse Seasonal Habitat Models, Response to Juniper Reduction and Effects of Capture Behavior on Vital Rates in Northwest Utah. M.S. Thesis, Utah State University, Logan.
Caudill, D., M.R. Guttery, B. Bibles, T.A. Messmer, G. Caudill, E. Leone, D.K. Dahlgren, and R. Chi. 2014. Effects of climatic variation and reproductive trade-offs vary by measure of reproductive effort in greater sage-grouse. Ecosphere 5(12):154. pdf file
- Caudill, Danny, T.A. Messmer, B. Bibles, and M.R. Guttery. 2014. Greater Sage-grouse Juvenile Survival in Utah. Journal of Wildlife Management 78:808-817. pdf file
- 2014 Accomplishment Report for Utah's Adaptive Resource Management Greater Sage-grouse Local Working Groups.
- Duvuvuei, Orrin V. 2013. Vital Rates, Population Trends, and Habitat-use Patterns of a Translocated Greater Sage-grouse Population: Implications for Future Translocations. Thesis, Utah State University, Logan, Utah.
- Breidinger, Leah S., K.E. Mock, and T.A. Messmer. 2013. Greater sage-grouse and natural gas development in Utah: Using population genetic data for conservation efforts. Western North American Naturalist 73(2):177-183. pdf file
- Cheyenne Burnett, 2013. Modeling Habitat Use of a Fringe Greater Sage-grouse Population at Multiple Spatial Scales. Thesis, Utah State University, Logan, Utah.
- Frey, S.N., R. Curtis, and K. Heaton. 2013. Home Range and Movements of Greater Sage-grouse in its Southern-most Distribution. USU Extension Bulletin.
- Graham, Stephanie E. 2013. Greater sage-grouse habitat selection and use patterns in response to vegetation management practices in northwestern Utah. M.S. Thesis, Utah State University, Logan.
- Guttery, M.R., T.A. Messmer, E.T. Thacker, N. Gruber, and C.M. Columber. 2013. Greater Sage-Grouse Sex Ratios in Utah: Implications for Reporting Population Trends. Journal of Wildlife Management. pdf file
- Guttery, M.R., D.K. Dahlgren, T.A. Messmer, J.W. Connelly, K.P. Reese, P.A. Terletzky, N. Burkepile and D.N. Koons. 2013. Effects of Landscape-Scale Environmental Variation on Greater Sage-grouse Chick Survival. PLoS ONE 8(6):e65582. pdf file
- Messmer, Terry. 2013. Lessons Learned from the Greater Sage-grouse. Challenges and Emerging Opportunities for Agriculture and Rural Communities. Policy Brief for the National Agricultural & Rural Development Policy Center.
- Robinson, J.D. and T.A. Messmer. 2013. Vital rates and seasonal movements of two isolated greater sage-grouse populations in Utah's West Desert. Human-Wildlife Interactions 7(2):182-194. pdf file
- Belton, L. (compiler) 2012. Conservation Programs for Private Lands. Programs and Resources Available in Utah for Implementation of Utah's Wildlife Action Plan. A joint project of: Utah State University Wildlife Extension Community-Based Conservation Program, Utah’s Department of Natural Resources: Endangered Species Mitigation Fund, Utah’s Division of Wildlife Resources: Utah’s State Wildlife Action Plan, Quinney Professorship for Wildlife Conflict Management, and Jack H. Berryman Institute.
- 2012 Accomplishment Report for Utah's Adaptive Resource Management Greater Sage-grouse Local Working Groups.
- Natasha W. Gruber (2012). Population Dynamics and Movements of Translocated and Resident Greater Sage-grouse on Anthro Mountain, Utah. Thesis. Utah State University.
- Eric Thacker, D.R. Gardner, T.A. Messmer, M.R. Guttery, and D.K. Dahlgren. 2012. Using Gas Chromatography to Determine Winter Diets of Greater Sage-grouse in Utah. Journal of Wildlife Management 76:588-592. pdf file
- Sage-grouse Habitat in Utah. 2011. A Guide for Landowners and Managers.
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service. 2010. Messmer, T. A., and R. F. Hart, Utah State University (eds). Managing western lands for sage-grouse: the USDA NRCS Sage-grouse Restoration Project. large pdf file.
Browse by AUTHOR: ~ A ~
There are no authors that have last names beginning with the letter A.
Note: These publications are a portion of the publications available at the master page.