Next Meeting: meeting schedule for 2017 to be announced later.
Contact Dave Dahlgren at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Tentative Schedule
February meeting —at this meeting participants:
1-review and report on implemented actions and strategies for the previous year
2-discuss and plan lek count/search needs
3-schedule, coordinate and plan summer events
April Annual PARM lek counts TBD
August summer field tour TBD
August meeting —at this meeting participants:
1-plan, discuss, and coordinate various actions and strategies
2-state wide/range wide sage-grouse issues
3-report on any LWG sage-grouse research
November meeting —at this meeting participants:
1-review and revise the LWG plan
2-schedule, coordinate and plan
To be placed on mailing list and or for specific meeting location and times please contact: Dave Dahlgren at email@example.com
A note about the PARM plan:. This is an adaptive plan, it will be reviewed annually and therefore is likely to be amended, changed, updated, and reported upon but it will not be ignored and just put on the shelf as a monumental accomplishment of those involved.
Sage-grouse Conservation Plan October 2006
- Caudill, D., T.M. Terhune, B. Bibiles, and T.A. Messmer. 2016. Factors affecting seasonal movements of juvenile Greater Sage-grouse: A reconceptualized nest survival model. Condor 118:139-147. pdf file
- 2015 Accomplishment Report, Parker Mountain Section
- The Parker Mountain Saga, 2015 SCACOG Tour Handout information collated by Dave Dahlgren. large pdf file
Guttery, M.R., T.A. Messmer, M.W. Brunson, J.D. Robinson, and D.K. Dahlgren. 2015. Declining populations of greater sage-grouse: hunter motivations when numbers are low. Animal Conservation doi:10.1111/acv12213. pdf file
- Caudill, D., M.R. Guttery, B. Bibles, T.A. Messmer, G. Caudill, E. Leone, D.K. Dahlgren, and R. Chi. 2014. Effects of climatic variation and reproductive trade-offs vary by measure of reproductive effort in greater sage-grouse. Ecosphere 5(12):154. pdf file
- 2014 Accomplishment Report, Parker Mountain Section
- Caudill, D., T.A. Messmer, B. Bibles, and M.R. Guttery. 2014. Greater Sage-Grouse Juvenile Survival in Utah. Journal of Wildlife Management 78(5):808-817. pdf version
- Guttery, Michael R., D.K. Dahlgren, T.A. Messmer, J.W. Connelly, K.P. Reese, P.A. Terletzky, N. Burkepile and D.N. Koons. 2013. Effects of Landscape-Scale Environmental Variation on Greater Sage-grouse Chick Survival. PLoS ONE 8(6):e65582. pdf version
- 2012 Accomplishment Report, Parker Mountain Section
- Guttery, M.R., D.K. Dahlgren, and T.A. Messmer. 2011. Evaluation of Alternative Methods to Estimate Greater Sage-grouse Populations. Project Completion Report.
- 2011 Accomplishment Report, Parker Mountain Section
- 2011 Presentation to County Commissions
- Dissertation by Michael Guttery (2011). Ecology and Management of a High Elevation Southern Range Greater Sage-grouse Population: Vegetation Manipulation, Early Chick Survival, and Hunter Motivations. Utah State University. Presentation (large file)
- Thesis by Danny Caudill (2011). Factors Affecting Greater Sage-grouse (Centrocercus urophasianus) survival and movement in South-central Utah. Utah State University.
- Preliminary Report 2010 by David Dahlgren. Greater Sage-grouse Population Estimation Study: Deseret Land and Livestock and Parker Mountain.
- Evaluation of Brood Detection Techniques: Recommendations for Estimating Greater Sage-grouse Productivity. Article in Western North American Naturalist by D.K. Dahlgren, T.A. Messmer, E.T. Thacker, and M.R. Guttery. 2010.
- 2010 Accomplishment Report, Parker Mountain Section
- Michael Guttery, David Dahlgren, Terry Messmer, and David Koons. 2010. Influence of Demographic and Habitat Parameters on Sage-grouse Chick Survival. Presentation given at the 2010 WAFWA Meetings in Twin Falls, ID. pdf version
- David Dahlgren, Terry Messmer, Michael Guttery, and Eric Thacker. 2010. Sage-grouse Brood Detection Techniques. Presentation given at the 2010 WAFWA Meetings in Twin Falls, ID. pdf version
- David Dahlgren, Terry Messmer and David Koons. 2010. Sage-grouse Population Modeling, Parker Mountain, Utah. Presentation given at the 2010 WAFWA Meetings in Twin Falls, ID. pdf version
- Achieving Better Estimates of Greater Sage-Grouse Chick Survival in Utah. Article in Journal of Wildlife Management by D.K. Dahlgren, T.A. Messmer and D.N. Koons. 2010.
- David Dahlgren, Terry Messmer, S. Nicole Frey, Michael Guttery, and Eric Thacker. 2010. Managing Greater Sage-Grouse Habitats Using the Cow, Plow, Axe, and Fire: Lessons from Leopold. Presentation given at the Society for Range Management Annual Meetings, February 2010 in Denver, Colorado. PDF version of slide presentation.
- Dissertation by David K. Dahlgren (2009). Greater Sage-grouse Ecology, Chick Survival, and Population Dynamics, Parker Mountain, Utah. Utah State University.
- Michael Guttery. 2008. Powerpoint Presentation given at the BEHAVE Conference. "Sheep for Sage grouse"
- BEHAVE Newsletter highlighting sheep grazing to enhance sage-grouse habitat (Feb. 2008) see page
- Research needs by David Dahlgren (2008).
- David Dahlgren et al. 2008. Powerpoint Presentation given at the WAFWA meetings. "Estimating Greater Sage-grouse Juvenile Survival in Utah"
- 2008 Annual Report of USU Research Activities
- 2008 Accomplishment Report; Parker Mountain Section
- 2007 Annual Report of USU Research Activities
- Dahlgren, D.K., R. Chi, T.A. Messmer. 2006. Greater Sage-grouse Response to Sagebrush Management in Utah. Wildlife Society Bulletin 34(4):975-985. pdf version.
- 2006-7 Accomplishment Report; Parker Mountain Section
- Thesis report by David K. Dahlgren (2006). Greater Sage-grouse Reproductive Ecology and Response to Experimental Management of Mountain Big Sagebrush on Parker Mountain, Utah. Utah State University
- David Dahlgren et al. 2006. Powerpoint Presentation given at the WAFWA meetings. "Greater Sage grouse Response to Sagebrush Management in Utah"
- Ph.D. Dissertation by R. Dwayne Elmore (2006). Recovery of the Utah Prairie Dog: public perception and cattle grazing as a management tool. Utah State University
- Thesis report by Renee Chi (2004). Greater Sage-grouse Reproductive Ecology and Tebuthiuron Manipulation of Dense Big Sagebrush on Parker Mountain. Utah State University
- October 25, 2016
- Sheeprocks Translocation Report, April 2016
- Field tour, June 26, 2014
- April 14, 2014
- February 4, 2014
- November 7, 2013
- Field tour, August 8, 2013
- January 25, 2013
- February 16, 2012
- February 8, 2011
- April 26, 2010
- April 9, 2009
- December 10, 2008
Please check back for new projects.